Monday, October 7, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 7 - All Coffee Shops are not Created Equal

Hi,my name is Deb, and I'm a coffee snob.

My family has threatened on several occasions to stage an intervention as my love of coffee has completely taken over my life. But I don't see it as a bad thing.

Just because I appreciate a perfect latte does not mean I have a problem.

Just because I focus on the first cup of coffee of the day before I can really function doesn't mean I'm addicted.

Just because I look forward to the days when I can go to my favorite coffee shop and sip my favorite caffeinated beverage doesn't mean I'm wishing my life away or obsessed.

Does it?

The yummy noises I make while taking the first few drinks of a hot caramel, vanilla latte--I've been told--are practically obscene.

I have more coffee punch cards in my billfold than credit cards.

I can taste the difference between gourmet Hazelnut flavoring and the other subpar brands.

...And a sugar-free, non-fat latte really is a "why bother!"

I used to get pretty excited when trying a new coffee house, but now that my favorite barista has me so incredibly spoiled, I approach all new coffee shop experiences with a bit of trepidation. Until I try that first sip and know that the espresso, milk, and flavoring are just right, I remain reserved.

I still have much to learn, as I couldn't just step behind a counter and run a commercial espresso machine, but I have perfected the process at home with my Capresso Ultima (which is obsolete, by the way, and I will be so very sad when it craps out).

I will continue to try new coffee places when I'm traveling, and I really don't see this as an obsession or a problem, just something I truly enjoy.

I have to close as I think I hear my Keurig calling me.

Life is too short to drink cheap coffee.

4 comments:

  1. Hail Goddess Caffeina may your dark richness be forever free flowing! I LOVE my Keurig too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes life is too short to fold underwear! A dear friend taught me that years ago ... so freeing to just throw them into the drawer with wild abandon! Enjoy your coffee ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU NAILED IT! "The best part of waking up......"

    ReplyDelete