Sunday, October 13, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 13 - A Recap of the Weekend

On Saturday morning, I met the MIL at a church salad luncheon and bazaar.  The church ladies bring out their finest salad recipes for this day and add crackers and bars and drinks for only a $5 donation.  Such yummy food and a craft and bake sale and raffle all under the same roof--that's multitasking.

Saturday afternoon was a shopping trip with the hubby and daughter for some clothes followed by pizza and a hot cookie sundae.

After viewing a couple tutorial videos on the ancient Japanese art of Kumihimo, I purchased a Kumihimo disk kit and bobbins and successfully completed my first braid.  I have so much extra time on my hands (NOT) that I decided to add this craft to my growing list of jewelry making skills.  I'm telling myself they will make great Christmas presents.

Saturday night, I attempted to keep a 4-year-old and a 10-year-old occupied for two and half hours while their parents visited with my mother.  It felt more like two and a half days, and I saw and heard (and smelled) things that I'm not used to seeing, hearing (and smelling) anymore.  I wouldn't say I babysat as I have always thought that was the most ridiculous term...I wish I COULD have sat on them, but with two such "high-spirited" children, sitting was definitely out of the question!


I was beaming with pride Sunday morning as my daughter read her faith statement to the congregation.  She will be confirmed in just two weeks...a milestone we look forward to celebrating with family and friends.

Lunch was Erberts and Gerberts, and then wash some bedding while making some of the favors for the Confirmation party.

A bike ride topped off the beautiful sunny Sunday before leftovers for supper and some mindless TV watching.  

I'm sure I've left out a few hundred other things, but life is too short for me to ramble on about my weekend.  It's time for sleep...perchance to dream.

1 comment:

  1. Bonding......Crafting....Kid watch....and Pride......That is a LOT to incorporate into one day.! A Glass of wine would have seemed in order as a finale.

    ReplyDelete