Friday, October 11, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 11 - What Does Writing Mean to Me

To Write or Not to Write...That is the question.

     There is no write or wrong answer.


Writing is a type of therapy for me.  I've never been very good at thinking on my feet and having an intelligent conversation with someone that just flows effortlessly.  But writing gives my brain time to process and come up with more accurate and meaningful thoughts.  Writing allows me the eloquence I lack when I'm speaking.  Additionally, when I write, I can set my thoughts aside and come back to edit and fine tune later.

There was a time when I aspired to become a famous published author.  But now I just write for my own personal enjoyment.

Past accomplishments include a self-published children's book and a couple stories that were accepted for publication in a magazine.  I have created some other blogs which I have used for vacation journals so I can share my travels with family.

National Blog Writing Month helps me with my goal of writing everyday.  Writing is fulfilling.  It is my own and my own personal escape.




1 comment:

  1. You write i a manner that is easy to visualize and relateable. Well done!

    ReplyDelete