Sunday, October 20, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 20 - Are You Ready for Some Winter

There may have been a few snow flurries in the air today.  I say "may have been" as I'm still in denial that winter is upon us.  You would think after the 40-something winters I have been through (that I can recall) that I would recognize a flurry and know that the white stuff is imminent once the leaves turn and the temperatures drop.  I guess I'm just never ready to let go of summer and warm temps.

Do you have YOUR winter survival kit ready?  Did you leave the scraper in your car, or do you take it out for the summer and forget to replace it until the day you have to scrape ice from your windshield with a credit card?  Do you know the whereabouts of your mittens and snow boots, and are they laundered from the year before and in good condition?  Do you have the electric blanket on the bed?  My purse-onal necessities for surviving this frigid season include lip balm, extra tissues, hand lotion, and hand warmers.



My hubby gave me the best gift of all last year--heated gloves.  I feel like I'm in possession of some kind of 007 gadget when I wear them as they light up with red indicator lights...but, man, do they do the trick!



Life is short...don't get caught out in the cold unprepared!

1 comment:

  1. I got the message: "Be Prepared"... Only in nicely-worded reference.

    ReplyDelete