Wednesday, October 16, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 16 - SMILE!

Take care of your chompers...they are the only ones you get!


“You don’t have to floss all your teeth…only the ones you want to keep.” This was a quote on the wall in my dentist office that has always stuck with me and reminded me there’s more to good dental hygiene than just brushing.

The every six-month dental check up is essential. I’m so glad a visit to the dentist has improved over the years. Not that I didn’t like leaning over and spitting in the miniature toilet bowl next to the chair, but the new spit sucker is much more effective in grabbing the Technicolor rainbow that used to connect the patient to the spit bowl according to Bill Cosby’s comedy routine about going to the dentist.

The dentist chair isn’t the only area to see improvements in this necessary care-taking of the teeth and gums. I currently own a toothbrush with a sonic button and floss is strung taut across the end of a stick instead of cutting off the circulation in my fingers. The high priced rinse and whitening strips are ego trips but less expensive than cosmetic dentistry if you have that caffeine habit. But now that I have four things in my mouth, wanna ask me about my summer vacation?

My grandma had one good tooth left in her entire mouth at the age of 99. I wonder if that was the one she flossed consistently.

Life's short. Brush, floss, and see your dentist on a regular basis.

1 comment:

  1. Good reasons when you let your smile be "your umbrella".

    ReplyDelete