Saturday, October 19, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 19 - Weather or Not

Today was partly cloudy...
 followed by cloudy...
 followed by dreary...
 followed by rainy...
 followed by sunny...
 followed by cloudy...
 followed by heavy rain...
 followed by pea-size hail
(although some said it was sleet)...
followed by rainy...
followed by sunny...
followed by cloudy...

Well, you get the picture.  Mother Nature could not make up her mind.

It closely mirrored my own mood swings:

Tired...
followed by not quite awake...
followed by indecision...
followed by teary-eyed...
followed by joy...
followed by anxiety...
followed by frustration...
followed by a meltdown
(although some said it was an episode)...
followed by more crying...
followed by laughter...
followed by sadness...

I wish I could let go of the preconceived notions I have of the way I feel others should act and behave.

If only I didn't have expectations and standards...for myself as well as for those around me...or if I could just lower my expectations of others...then I would not constantly be disappointed and annoyed.

Life is too short to be consumed with bitterness.




3 comments:

  1. Mood swings I am quite familiar with these days! So much stress, disappointment, mixed with opportunity and happiness.
    We have no control over others, that is the hardest thing to come to terms with.
    We struggle with that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'm really hoping I find a way to deal with my reaction to unmet expectations so it is not so upsetting.
      Today has been a good day--so I have that going for me! ;)

      Delete
  2. You are everything to and for everyone. You are certainly held in high esteem by all who surround you. The moods will come and go. "It is what it is "

    ReplyDelete