Saturday, October 12, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 12 - It's a Bazaar Time of Year

I love to hate this time of year!  Craft fairs, church bazaars, and art festivals--OH, MY!!  Inspiration abounds browsing the various vendors and their wares.  Why didn't I reserve a table this year?

I am an artsy crafter.  I just lack the time and motivation to mass produce my handiwork for the unwashed masses year after year.

I still walk around admiring all the creative market items thinking..."I could do that.  If I started in right after the first of the year and made an item or two every week, I would have plenty to sell come this time next year!"

I actually have participated in three different craft shows--one indoors and two outside.  And while I do make more at the fairs than selling my jewelry in gift boutiques or on consignment, shows are a lot of work--and a huge investment.  You better be prepared to do several shows if you're going to do one, as the set up requires a lot more than just plenty of inventory to sell--tables, table coverings, canopy, display racks, signage, and a cash box are just a few of the necessary items needed to set up for a show.

Maybe next year I will get it in gear and set up at a craft show again.  In the meantime, this year will just be my year of inspiration.

My table at an outdoor main street craft show two years ago.

My table at a mall craft show three years ago.

1 comment:

  1. All of your wonderful writing.....and you make JEWELRY" too!!!

    ReplyDelete