Sunday, November 10, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 8, 9, & 10 - One, Two--Skip a Few; Three, Four--Missed Some More

I may have missed updating the blog a few days, but I did get some transcribing done in and around taking care of some family things.  Had a couple of tense letters from Grandpa, but things seem to be on the mend (for now).

Their words and phrases seemed to obfuscate their intentions.  So many things left unsaid in their letters makes me wish I could ask them now to fill in the blanks.  Grandpa indicates he wishes he could leave Calif sooner, and Grandma alludes to the circumstances surrounding Grandpa's need to leave Iowa in the first place.  I asked Mom if she was aware of any reason other than the fact that Grandpa just wanted to travel and see some of the west coast, but she was not.

Apparently there were a lot of outside influences.  Grandpa had people telling him about things Grandma was doing while he was away and Grandma also seemed to have some information likewise with regards to Grandpa's extra-curricular activities.  Their letters seemed to be a series of unfortunate miscommunications and fishing for the truth.

In and around accusations, Grandpa would quote from Tennyson and Shakespeare and Grandma would close her letter "Tu es amor."  The mixed signals make my head spin.

TOTAL WORD COUNT = 18,222


4 comments:

  1. There are SO many mysteries here to unravel! I breathlessly await each new entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Anonymous... I'm hooked! Now I want to know what else was going on! I think that even if you never find out, you should write a book based on the letters. What great materials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My intention from the beginning was to take the letters and write a story based on their story. It is still my dream to one day make that a reality. I wish I could transcribe the letters faster...I'm hanging on the edge of my seat like the rest of you.

      Delete
  3. I learned a new word! obfuscate.
    I am joining the party here, I am hooked too.

    ReplyDelete