Monday, November 4, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 4 - It's Just Another Xanax Monday

I need supervision...I need medication...maybe both!  Perhaps I need an an intervention.

There are 168 hours in a week, and it is taking nearly an hour just to transcribe one letter...at this rate I will be 86 years old by the time I get them all done!!

I WILL stay strong and keep pushing through...Grandma and Grandpa kept pushing through the hardships and it was so worth it.


In today's letter that I transcribed from Grandma to Grandpa, she rambled on and on for another 8 pages not really saying much...except for ONE paragraph somewhere in the middle which was the fodder for Grandpa's tirade in the letter I did yesterday.

At this point, it's hard to tell whether Grandma was just trying to coerce him into coming home early or if she really was uncertain of his feelings for her.

As I share each letter with my mom, she will interject related information or recall for me how various people that are mentioned fit into the time frame.  I really need to be taking notes when she recalls certain names and places or I won't remember later.  I also need to keep a list of the dates of the letters as I get them done in case I run across one later that would fit somewhere in the sequence.

Now I'm beginning to ramble...must be genetic!

TOTAL WORD COUNT=8,175




2 comments:

  1. I sense a delightful sense of humor in your writing that must also have come to you genetically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather comical that in between Grandma's snarky guilt trips there are some very humorous lines.

      Delete