Sunday, November 3, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 3 - All Saints Day

The church honored all saints today--known and unknown.  I feel like this journey I'm on piecing together my grandparent's courtship is a type of honoring to both of them.  They were both true saints in my eyes.

There were some tough words in today's letters.  Finally hearing from Grandpa on the trust and truth issues he had all those decades ago was so heart wrenching.  The long distance relationship definitely took it's toll on both of them; however, maybe it also made them stronger for it in the end.

A quote from Grandpa in one of today's letters was:  "...fire often burns those that use it as a plaything."

TOTAL WORD COUNT=6,263



5 comments:

  1. Do not believe I have ever heard that quote before....wisdom and poetry combined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to honor them. Just recently my cousin was going through the attic of her parents' home (one passed away and the other has Alzheimer's)… she found old letters that gave her insight into their lives that she never knew before. The Internet is a wonderful thing… but paper to pen has an authentic, human feel to it. Enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way…. I'd love to follow your blog via email. Blogger has that option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aleta! I will try and get the "follow" feature added here.

      Delete
  4. That is an awesome quote!

    this really makes me want to get my dad's letters....he had so much paperwork.
    hmmm

    ReplyDelete