Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! Life's Too Short to Make Resolutions

"If you spend New Year's Day consumed with a specific activity, you will likely repeat that activity more often throughout the year." This was a theory I had heard about that I have tested and proven to be untrue time and time again. One New Year's Day I cleaned out all my expired coupons and vowed to use coupons more often--that didn't happen. Another New Year's Day, I wrote down a list of resolutions like eating right, exercising, learning something new each day, blah, blah, blah! Guess what? Those resolutions didn't become a daily routine any more than me getting closer to my doctorate without going to school.

New Year's Day is just another day that should be made the most of just like every day of the year. New Year's Day can be a good time for reflection and goal planning, but like Albert Einstein pointed out in his definition of insanity: "Don't expect different results by doing the same thing over and over again."

Life's short. Make each day count--even New Year's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment