Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Life's Too Short to Bake Cookies


No Match for this Batch

My lack of patience and need for instant gratification were most likely the reasons for my less than exemplary grades in Home Ec and Shop. (Today it is known as Family and Consumer Sciences and Industrial Arts). How boring is sanding, and who cares if I skip the coarse grade and go right to the finest grade? To sand to a baby’s bottom finish was more than exhaustive, and I frankly had better things to do. My wooden airplane, therefore, was not very aerodynamic with its rough surface and thus my skills as a carpenter never got off the ground.

While baking cookies in Home Ec was a basis for learning measurements and ingredients in the kitchen, the end result was more like cookie dough in a shell, as I just couldn’t wait the duration of the baking time for the cookies to be “done.” I still prefer warm cookie dough just out of the oven. My mom prefers to just leave the oven out of the equation all together and grab a spoon after the cookie dough is mixed.

Life's short. Eat cookie dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment